You will develop new and maintain/adapt/improve existing IT applications on demand of the business by programming independently in a stipulated programming language (Java Spring for the back-end and ReactJS for the front-end) on one hand and to support projects on the other hand and to collaborate in a team.
You will work on project delivery, develop enhancements, coach the team and support the applications in an agile environment.
You will act as a technical leader to advice and build the development standard.
- Contribute to and validate the functional analysis and specification of requests for IT developments
- Realize IT projects according to approved functional specifications and within the approved budget and planning. Conduct code reviews and follow up release management
- Develop new programs or adapt existing programs in respect of the existing standards
- Test new developments before submitting them to the key user for user testing
- Document his/her realizations
- Develop, maintain and improve existing IT applications
- Develop and maintain websites state-of-the-art
- Create and maintain reusable and custom front-end components
- Perform code reviews and ensure an excellent code quality scoring
- Develop API’s using Java/Spring Boot
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Create test unit and integration tests to fully test and regress software
- Work with other teams to ensure delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications
- Handle all incoming requests related to the applications you’re responsible for (Tickets)
- Correct bugs in the applications you’re responsible for
- Analyze root causes of frequent problems and propose fundamental solutions
- Realize approved improvements
- Maintain user and technical documentation
- Support business users in the usage of the existing IT applications
- Define the required availability levels and response times with the business owners
- Elaborate support procedures, with escalation to external parties where appropriate
- Measure and report the achieved availability levels and response times
- Assist users in the improved usage of the existing applications
- Coaching & support
- Displaying initiative and an ability to lead others, and develop applications team disciplined manner
- Establish and follow secure coding practices and best coding practices
- Propose improvements in the existing applications so as to reduce their Total Cost of Ownership ‘TCO’
- Timely report on the status and the progress of his/her assignments
- Actively contribute to the team meetings and to the community meetings
- Participate with Permanence’s when required
- Bachelor or Master degree in IT
- Senior profile: minimum 5 years of experience
- Languages: English and one of the national languages (Dutch or French), other languages are a plus
- Good knowledge of HOCs, dependency injection, mocking, UI testing
- Expertise on JAVA 8(+) with modern applications like Spring boot and API design
- Experience interfacing with back-end applications using RESTful web services, SOAP, message queues, JSON etc.
- Strong understanding of relational SQL database (Microsoft SQL)
- Knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Object oriented design
- micro services
- clean architecture
- contract first design
- test driven development
- Familiarity with DevOps and Continuous Integration concepts and toolset
- Jenkins / sonar
- Git, Bitbucket
- Spring config server
- Knowledge of Git and best practices for merging, branching, and pull requests.
- Knowledge of the JAVA framework J2EE (EJB, JAXB, … ) is a plus.
- Able to collaborate in an Agile environment to design and develop back-end solutions
- Knowledge of JIRA & Confluence, Postman
- Good coaching and communication skills
- You have a strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Like to take initiative and be a real team player
- Feel very strongly about quality and can work independently with an eye for service
- Be flexible and can prioritize
- Be able to handle pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Certification is a plus (ex : Java SE11, ReactJS certification)
Our client offers you a varied job with growing opportunities (thanks to trainings, coaching, projects and internal mobility) and all this in the heart of Brussels (close to the Grand Place and the central station).
Besides a competitive gross salary, our client offers an extensive standard package of extra-legal benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.