To better serve its 100 million annual customers, our client is transforming itself to become a more digitally oriented player.
To support this undertaking, we are looking for a Database Administrator to support the current database landscape and migrate it to a more digital world.
Role & responsibility
The installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of databases (Mainly Microsoft SQL Server, and some PostgreSQL ones).
- Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for databases. Manages database configuration including installing and upgrading software and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Contributes to the setting of standards for definition, security and integrity of database objects and ensures conformance to these standards.
- Monitors database activity and resource usage.
- Optimises database performance and plans for forecast resource needs.
- Uses database management system software and tools, and knowledge of logical database schemata, to investigate problems and collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Carries out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of database and related products.
- Cloudification of the database landscape.
You have at least 5 years of practical experience in Database administration (MSSQL)
You have a proven track record of database deployment on Microsoft Azure
You are fluent in both spoken and written English.
You can work independently but are also a team player.
You are conscientious and act professional.
You do not shy away from asking difficult questions.
You are customer centric
You are professional, transparent and you have a positive mindset
You are solutions minded
You have abilities to learn quickly
You are organized
You have verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.