To better serve its 100 million annual customers, our client is transforming itself to become a more digitally oriented player.
To support this undertaking, we are looking for a Database Administrator to support the current database landscape and migrate it to a more digital world.
Role & responsibility
The installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of databases (Mainly Microsoft SQL Server, and some PostgreSQL ones).
- Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for databases. Manages database configuration including installing and upgrading software and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Contributes to the setting of standards for definition, security and integrity of database objects and ensures conformance to these standards.
- Monitors database activity and resource usage.
- Optimises database performance and plans for forecast resource needs.
- Uses database management system software and tools, and knowledge of logical database schemata, to investigate problems and collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Carries out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of database and related products.
- Cloudification of the database landscape.
You have at least 5 years of practical experience in Database administration (MSSQL)
You have a proven track record of database deployment on Microsoft Azure
You are fluent in both spoken and written English.
You can work independently but are also a team player.
You are conscientious and act professional.
You do not shy away from asking difficult questions.
You are customer centric
You are professional, transparent and you have a positive mindset
You are solutions minded
You have abilities to learn quickly
You are organized
You have verbal and written communication skills