The hospital pharmacy is part of a changing hospital sector with opportunities for growth, as well as with budget constraints. Your mission is to develop the pharmacy and the medication process in a professional manner. In this context, providing services to patients, doctors and nurses is essential. You are employed by the general manager.
- You manage the 2 hospital pharmacies of the organization that are composed of more than 30 employees in total, including 8 hospital pharmacists.
- As a team you are responsible for the continuity of pharmaceutical missions in various medical contexts. In collaboration with other healthcare providers, you manage large-scale institutional projects.
- You are able to build a strong and close team and encourage interdisciplinary collaboration
- In addition to the competent committees, you also manage the pharmaceutical policy in the hospital. You work together with all departments of the organization, spread over the different locations.
- You harmonize the vision and service plans of the hospital with the strategic plan of the hospital;
- You fulfill the tasks defined by law with regard to the hospital pharmacy, with special attention to the functioning of the committees and the process of the medicine (in the context of the Royal Decree of 4 March 1991 and the like);
- You provide the financial, administrative and daily management of the pharmacy
- You supervise a team of approximately 35 employees and coordinate operational functioning;
- You represent the hospital in internal and external committees, in collaboration with other pharmacists;
- You take responsibility for the pharmaceutical part in preparation for JCI hospital accreditation and you develop a series of performance and quality indicators.
- As a member of the management team you are jointly responsible for executing the strategy and the strategic plan of the hospital. You also ensure that these visions are communicated to the people in the pharmacy.
- You have obtained a master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, with additional training in hospital pharmacy;
- Accreditation as a hospital pharmacist is a must;
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in a hospital pharmacy;
- Management experience and / or additional management-oriented training is an asset;
- You have leadership qualities and demonstrate a structural and methodical approach;
- You are able to coach teams and provide them with energy;
- You ensure a good team spirit and multidisciplinary collaboration;
- You have real negotiation skills and you are stress-resistant;
- You are critical and dynamic
- You are able to efficiently organize your agenda as well as to meet deadlines;
- You have good communication skills and are able to adapt your message to different target groups and to motivate your employees;
- You have a passion for (or strong interest in) hospital management;
- You have a good basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- You are bilingual: French-Dutch.
- Our client offers an undetermined indefinite contract in a modern hospital that is very advanced in technology and innovation.
- The role of pharmacist department manager is an ambitious and responsible position that offers added value as well as the opportunity to contribute to the professional development of the organization in an ever-changing environment.
- You can of course count on an interesting remuneration package, in accordance with your experience and expertise.