The management and operation of one or more customer service or service desk functions. Acting as a point of contact to support service users and customers reporting issues, requesting information, access, or other services.
- Influences the strategic direction and takes responsibility for the full range of customer service functions, including organizational frameworks for complaints, service standards and operational agreements.
- Defines service levels, standards and the monitoring process for customer service or service desk staff.
- Gives technical leadership to operational staff and takes responsibility for business continuity and legal compliance.
- Ensures that the inventory of components to be supported is complete and current.
- Drafts and maintains policy, standards and procedures for the customer service or service desk functions.
- Responsible for day-today management and work allocation to meet agreed service levels.
- Specifies, agrees, and applies standards.
- Ensures that tracking and monitoring of performance is carried out, metrics and reports are analyzed, and issues are resolved.
- Acts as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Responds to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution.
- Provides first line investigation and diagnosis and promptly allocates unresolved issues as appropriate.
- Assists with the development standards, and applies these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate issues.
- Contributes to creation of support documentation.
Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
ITIL certification is mandatory
Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
COBIT certification is a plus
You are fluent in both spoken and written English, French and Dutch (German is an asset)
You can work independently but are also a team player
You are conscientious and act professional
Our client offers you a varied job with growing opportunities and all this in the heart of Brussels.