The candidate will be added to the team responsible for the gap analysis, the functional /technical design, the configuration and the testing of the Group solution and its integration with the local applications.He/she
- Develops deep functional and high level technical understanding of the new solution, covering the frontend, the rich client and/or the batch applications
- Translates these requirements to application impacts – customizations to online and batch applications, adaptations to the data model
- Will primarily focus on the DB configuration covering a.o. product definitions, roles, rules etc,
- This includes collecting the functional needs in terms of configuration data and configure these in the different tables
- Works with the technical designers on site and off-shore
- Prepares and executes application tests, performs analysis for defects
- Supports user acceptance tests, analyzes defects
- Analyses incidents in production and hands these over to the development teams
Primary work location is Brussels, but regularly, participation in Rotterdam is required (approx. 5 days/month) and occasionally, training or conferences might be held in Austria or another EU country.
Candidate has a university degree (e.g. economics, commercial engineer, civil engineer, exact sciences, …) He/she has relevant experience (+/- 3 years) in functional analysis, technical design and application testing. As an alternative, the candidate has strong experience in development and technical design and wants to move towards a functional designer role.
Any relevant experience in the financial industry (banking/insurance) or with package based implementations is appreciated.
Candidate has a good basis of English and is fluent in French and/or Dutch.
He/she should have a combination of qualities:
- good listener and at the same time challenging the input (from Business, from development teams, …)
- well structured in his/her work
- takes care of the details
- has strong experience in IT, with focus on SQL and data models, although the candidate will not be developing applications
- be creative and pro-active
- take a step back and identify opportunities for improvement
- has an interest to learn gradually the insurance industry and the applications required to support current and future needs
- previous experience in working as a consultant of working with consultants onshore or offshore is a plus